Read 9 comments | Add a comment Maharani Indian Restaurant
46 Norwich Rd
Having achieved Double Award Winning Indian Restaurant Winner in the East Anglian Region, the Maharani is 'the' Indian & Bangladeshi Restaurant to visit in the heart of Ipswich. Also awared "British Curry Awards" 2007 Top 100 British Curry Restaurant & finalist in the South East region.
Click next to the place to highlight on the map.
Maharani Indian Restaurant visitor ratings and comments
Comment By Frances
- 04 December 2011I had a great evening there, OK food, cozy atmosphere, takes 3 hours to bring in the starters, main and the 'complementary drink'.
Just when it gets to the bill, they are OVERCHARGING you for the poppadoms, the first time they give it to you before you starting ordering, just like the olives in Italian restaurant, the Kim-chi in Korean restaurant, or the prawn crackers in Chinese restaurant, they are supposed to be complementary, they are NOT in the Indian restaurant. Also they would make the WRONG calculation on the bill, the manager/owner would come to you and say, it's not free, they are 75p each, and on the bill its 10 of them for 9.50.(We order another round of the poppadoms coz we don't want to waste the sauces, don't mind paying either) WOW! I would save my breath to argue coz the owner is the manager. I don't mind the £5 I paid extra for, just the DISHONESTY I don't appreciate when you are doing business.
I have 3 witness there we only get 8 of the poppadoms and they charged for 10, well that's the way to make business, SHAME ON THEM! I personally won’t go there again, but if you do, DO CHECK YOUR BILL, that's my only advice!
The manager is committing DAY LIGHT ROBBERY, it let down the whole restaurant. If you said it's on the house, fine, just not to trick the customers when they are a bit tipsy and think they are stupid. VERY TRICKY INDEED!
Wouldn't recommend it for that reason. :)
1970-01-01reviewMaharani Indian Restaurant
Comment By Chris
- 26 September 2011A simply wonderful restaurant. Amazing food, very good service and Cobra beer on tap. Also very unusual these days that the manager welcomes you personally but that's what you get here. This has taken number 2 spot on my all-time favourite Indian restaurant list. And it's a very long list! 1970-01-01reviewMaharani Indian Restaurant
Comment By lLynn Kemp
- 02 September 2011to Paul who commented in August. Don't go to an indian restaurant and expect fast food service. When you go to an indian restaurant, expect to wait because you are getting food cooked to order, not to demand. When you are served in the Maharani, the food is always first class so you have a bit of a wait. This is not Mcdonalds!!!1970-01-01reviewMaharani Indian Restaurant
Comment By paul
- 14 August 2011Food was above average although service was very slow. Reasonably good value for money 1970-01-01reviewMaharani Indian Restaurant
Comment By Lynn and Mike Kemp
- 20 July 2011This is by far the best Indian restaurant in Ipswich and I think we have tried them all. Everyone who works there is always smiling and you are never hurried along as in some restaurants. The menu is large and varied and the food is second to none. If you haven't been yet, you are missing out.1970-01-01reviewMaharani Indian Restaurant
Comment By john & family
- 11 June 2011Love the Maharani! Manik is a brilliant host, the food is fantastic, the service is great. I have nothing but praise for this place. 1970-01-01reviewMaharani Indian Restaurant
Comment By Anon
- 08 October 2010I have to say one of my favourite restaurants. Always so polite and the staff are lovely and very welcoming, especially the old man, incredibly friendly and approachable. Met with a hand shake with him. The food is divine, can't complain, beautiful. I would reccomend deffinitley. 1970-01-01reviewMaharani Indian Restaurant
Comment By Jim
- 06 July 2010Maharani is the king of curry! The food is top quality, service is wonderful would 100% recommend!1970-01-01reviewMaharani Indian Restaurant
Comment By Lisa
- 04 January 2010Went here during the christmas period and it was very busy and not surprisingly either! the food is divine, the service is great, the atmosphere is perfect and the manager ensures that you thoroughly enjoy your time there! definitely one i recommend.1970-01-01reviewMaharani Indian Restaurant
Comments posted here are the opinions of the visitors of this website and not necessarily those of ipswichlife.com. If you feel that a comment posted here is inaccurate, then please contact us, or better still add your own comment
We at Ipswich Life, try to ensure that the data for Maharani Indian Restaurant is as accurate as possible, there are times however that details may change, please contact Maharani Indian Restaurant by telephone or email before making any arrangements, Ipswich Life cannot be held responsiible for any loss or damages arising from the use of the site.
Maharani Indian Restaurant can be found in : Indian restaurants